Homestead Slip And Fall Attorney
Slip and fall and trip and fall accidents are seemingly common occurrences throughout Homestead and Allegheny County. Despite their common nature, slip & fall accidents can result in serious injuries for their victims. Many property owners and occupiers fail to undertake precautions and maintenance to remove slip & fall and trip & fall hazards on their property. As a result, innocent victims can suffer serious, life-altering injuries in an instant. If you or a loved one have been injured in a slip and fall accident, The Law Office of Mark A. Smith is ready to fight to get you the compensation you need.
Pursuing slip and fall claims can be a complicated matter. In many cases, a property owner or occupier will try to deny liability for a slip and fall accident. They may try to argue that they did not have a reasonable opportunity to remedy the hazard. Having a knowledgeable slip and fall attorney on your side who has experience investigating the facts is necessary to prove liability in a slip and fall claim. Homestead slip and fall lawyer Attorney Mark A. Smith has successfully pursued claims for residents of Homestead who have been injured on others’ property.
Common Injuries in Slip and Fall Accidents Our Attorney Can Help Obtain Compensation For
Slip and fall accidents can result in many different kinds of injuries. Some of the more serious injuries Attorney Mark A. Smith has seen in slip and fall cases include:
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injuries – falls are among the most common causes of traumatic brain injuries, which can range from a minor concussion to a severe injury that includes symptoms of seizures, mood and personality changes, and cognitive impairment
- Hip fractures – almost all hip fractures occur during a fall; hip fractures typically require surgery and hospitalization followed by extensive physical therapy, with severe fractures sometimes requiring implantation of an artificial hip; one in five fractures lead to death each year
- Back, neck & spinal cord injuries – impacts from slip and fall accidents can fracture vertebrae or lead to slipped or herniated discs; back and spinal cord injuries can inflict significant pain and severely limit mobility, or can even lead to temporary or permanent paralysis or other sensory impairments
- Shoulder injuries – slip and fall accidents can easily cause injuries to the shoulder area including a dislocated shoulder or fractured clavicle
- Fractures and soft tissue injuries – slip and falls can cause fractures elsewhere, including hands, arms, ankles, legs, knees or ribs; in addition, hyperextension of joints can lead to strained or torn ligaments and tendons
If you or a loved one have been seriously injured in a slip and fall accident, Attorney Mark A. Smith can help you obtain the compensation you need to cover your medical expenses and your lost income due to work missed because of your injuries.
The Law Office of Mark A. Smith Provides Compassionate, Dedicated Legal Representation to Victims of Slip and Fall Accidents in Homestead, PA
Attorney Mark A. Smith has successfully represented numerous clients across Homestead and Allegheny County in slip and fall accidents. He works tirelessly to thoroughly investigate your accident to identify the party or parties that may be liable to you for compensation. He also spends the time to get to know you and understand your needs and goals so that he can fight for the outcome you need for your physical and emotional recovery resulting from your accident.
Contact Our Homestead Slip and Fall Lawyer Today to Schedule a Consultation to Discuss Your Case
If you have been injured in Homestead in a slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries and other losses. Contact The Law Office of Mark A. Smith today to schedule a consultation to discuss your slip and fall case and to learn more about your legal rights and your options for pursuing the compensation you need and deserve.
About Homestead, PA
Homestead is a borough in Allegheny County, located in the Monongahela River valley approximately seven miles southeast of downtown Pittsburgh, directly across the river from the city line. The area in which present-day Homestead is located was initially settled by European settlers in the 1770s. About a hundred years later, the surrounding farmland was purchased and laid out in lots to form Homestead, with the town being chartered in the 1880s. The town experienced a boom soon thereafter, with railroad, glass, and steel factories quickly popping up. The Homestead Steel Works was the site of a historic moment in labor relations – the Homestead Strike, which was a violent clash between locked-out steelworkers and Pinkerton guards hired to secure the factory. The Steel Works eventually shut down by the 1980s, leading to a period of economic decline lasting until a period of revitalization that began in the early 2000s.
Frequently Asked Questions about Slip & Fall Claims in Homestead, PA
The “hills and ridges” doctrine under Pennsylvania law protects an owner or occupier of land from liability in a slip and fall case if there are generally slippery conditions from natural causes, such as a snow/ice storm, and the owner or occupier has not unreasonably delayed removal of snow and ice to permit it to be trampled into unsafe “hills and ridges.” The doctrine does not protect a landowner or occupier from liability if a slippery condition was caused by a thaw or freeze cycle or by a non-naturally occurring accumulation of water and ice, such as from a drainpipe.
You should not give any statement regarding your slip and fall accident without first speaking to your attorney. Your attorney can advise you regarding what to include in your statement, or your attorney can directly provide the insurance or risk management company with the information they require. You are not legally required to speak to an insurance adjuster or risk management professional in order to have your claim processed.